IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU LOVE IS IN AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP, PLEASE DON'T WAIT. CALL THIS NUMBER AND ASK FOR HELP!
1−800−799−SAFE(7233)
You can also email me if you need someone to talk to. caring_hands@comcast.net

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Life Happens!

This is an older post from Thanksgiving; however, the content works for every occasion and something I very much wanted to share.   

So, I would love to say that my wish for the perfect preparation for the perfect Thanksgiving day went splendidly, but alas I cannot. For I am the queen of procrastination.  I really did wake up this morning refreshed and raring to go, O.K. well maybe not refreshed or raring, for those of you who know me, but at least I woke up with a plan.  Anyway, everything was going along splendidly until I realized what a monumental task lay ahead of me.  So I did the unthinkable.  I asked my amazing 16 year old daughter to give me a hand and completely clean the kitchen from top to bottom while I tackled the other cleaning that needed to be done.  Sounded like a good plan to me.  The cleaning would get done and I would not have to face the kitchen until I was ready to begin baking for tomorrow. 
   Now in retrospect I should have know that asking her that question would be a mistake.  She would either complain about the task then go about it with as much spit and vinegar that a teenage girl can muster or she would take on the task eagerly turning what should have taken half an hour into an all day extravaganza.  Well it is 8:00 Wednesday evening and my kitchen is almost done.  But I did not have to put up with an unhappy teenager all day and I now have an almost spotless kitchen so that right there are things to be grateful for.
    I on the other hand did not get anything of the task from my list done today.  I have not gone shopping, but I did make my list. My living room is not vacuumed, but the vacuum is in the room. My bathtub did not get scrubbed, but guests will not be using it anyway.  You get the point. 
    So what do I have left to do tonight... EVERYTHING!  But I will be doing it in a spotless kitchen with my amazing daughter who even though I did not set the best example today was able to take care of what needed to get done.
    We all have days when our best intentions are nothing more than that, intentions.  Life happens and sometimes it just gets in the way of what we have planned.  And that is O.K.  We just need to be able to get back on track and begin again.  Never stop making plans for your life for your day for you hour even if those plans don’t happen when you expect them to.  They will happen when they are meant to.
   

1 comment:

  1. I told you it would have been easier to just have dinner at my house, but nooooooooo. :)

    ReplyDelete